You belong here!
Our synagogue is more than a building, school or set of programs. Temple Shalom is about being part of One Family. Our members come from all over the world, and represent every stream of Jewish thought and practice. We share sacred experiences by learning together, supporting each other in times of need, celebrating life’s milestones, and finding opportunities for Tikkun Olam – repairing the world. Some of us will discover greater Jewish meaning in Adult Education classes; some from worship and singing. Temple Shalom supports a wide variety of Jewish creativity. Join us and we’ll help you discover your unique path.
Pledged-based Membership System
We believe in being welcoming and inclusive – no one should face barriers to being part of our congregation – so we’ve recently adopted a pledge-based membership system, called L’Shalom. How does it work? Instead of paying an assigned fixed dues amount, you pledge the amount you wish to contribute as your annual financial commitment each July. Temple leadership provides a recommended “sustaining” amount for the entire congregation; most congregants will choose to pledge at that amount. Some may choose to contribute more, and some may pledge less. The actual amount of the L’Shalom commitment is up to each member. There is no specified amount required to be a part of our Temple family.
The funds from our congregants’ pledges form the basis of our annual revenue. Additional fundraising efforts help make up the rest. Other standard fees, such as Religious School tuition, Bar and Bat Mitzvah fees and program fees continue to remain separate obligations. The bottom line is that we treasure your partnership in our community and the amount of your pledge—a gift from your heart – is up to you.
Members have the opportunity to:
- Meet with our clergy for pastoral care
- Attend High Holy Days services
- Enroll your children in Religious School, including our B’nai Mitzvah program
- Hold life-cycle events such as baby namings, weddings and funerals in our Sanctuary
- Rent our spaces for other purposes such as life-cycle celebrations and parties
- Receive our monthly newsletter, The Voice with notes from our clergy and leadership as well as information on upcoming events.
- Join our committees and social action outreach